Behavior Interventionist – Job Description
At Optima Family Services, Inc. our mission is to provide exceptional, safe, and interactive infant stimulation, early therapeutic services, and behavioral services to our clients and their families in need.
Our Applied Behavior Analysis program was designed with the goal to increase socially significant behavior and decrease unsafe/inhibiting behavior.
If you’re compassionate, passionate, have great people skills, and enjoy working with kids, we have opportunities available that will help you build the career you’re looking for. We offer a lot of flexibility to our team members to create an ideal work schedule.
The Behavior Interventionist position will provide direct in-home services to individuals between 2 and 22 years diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), and related disorders or diagnoses, based on specific programs designed to improve the clients’ functioning levels and/or coordinate specific treatment plans with the family, under the supervision of a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Major Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide for the direct implementation of applied behavior analysis (ABA) interventions (i.e. DTT, PECS, NET, PRT, etc.) to individuals with special needs in a one-on-one setting, address problematic behaviors in accordance with Positive Behavior Support techniques, and utilize nonviolent crisis prevention intervention (CPI) approved procedures to de-escalate problem behaviors and ensure safety during crisis situations
- Monitor the progress of assigned clients by regular observation and client contacts, obtain and provide information to and from the Optima staff (supervisors and administrators) regarding client’s progress and ABA programs as assigned by BCBA or MA Supervisor.
- Be familiar with each client’s positive support plan and behavior intervention plan and meet regularly with Supervisor and conduct periodic debriefs with Clinical Supervisor to discuss client progress and new treatment plans.
- Collect accurate data according to various forms of measurement (i.e. duration, frequency/rate, time sampling, etc.) for skill acquisition and problem behaviors on a daily basis.
- Drive to clients’ location to provide the services in the area assigned. Services may take place in the student’s home, school, or within the community.
Education and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Behavioral Science, Special Education, Human Development, Psychology, Social Work or any related field preferred, but not required.
- At least 9 months prior experience working in the ABA field required.
- Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) certificate preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with children with disabilities is preferred, but not required.
- Ability to drive, access to a registered car, a valid driver’s license, and valid auto insurance.
- Ability to adapt to different environments as job requires to make sessions at the family’s home, school or community.
- Understand basic concepts of Applied Behavior Analysis to implement activities that promote a client’s skills and to empower parent’s knowledge.
- Good communication, time management, and organizational skills.
- At least 18 years of age.
- US work authorization is a must.
- Experience driving home-to-home and dealing with different family environments preferred, but not required.
- Fluency in Spanish preferred, but not required.
- Optima will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box)
- Flexibility to create own work schedule, with options to work full or part-time.
- Paid driving time and mileage spent between clients.
- Paid training and admin time.
- 100% coverage for employee’s medical, dental, and vision insurance premium after 30 days, for employees working at least 20 hours a week.
- Supplemental benefits and hospitalization reimbursement for employee.
- $25,000 life insurance for employee.
- 401(k) retirement plan with a safe harbor match from the company.
- All materials required for the sessions are provided at no additional cost.
- Monthly training for staff and access to multi-disciplinary team (occupational therapy, physical therapy, speech and language pathology and applied behavior analysis) to enhance infant stimulation and increase employee knowledge.